From mortgages and savings to phone and broadband packages, car insurance to credit cards, today’s Post Office does more than just handle the mail.
Voted the British Travel Awards' best Travel Insurance Provider 7 years in a row, there’s a 10% discount if you buy online. And if you order your travel money online too, they’ll deliver direct to your door.
- Single Trip: up to 90 days
- Annual Multi-Trip: 31, 45 days
- Long Trip: 88 - 365 days
- Explorer: 61 - 365 days
- Children go free
- Valid claims settled inside 5 days
- Up to £10,000 if you need to cancel
- Up to £2,000 if personal belongings go walkies
- Up to £10million medical cover
- Up to £500 for pet care (kennels, cattery)
- 24-hr worldwide assistance helpline
For 65-74 year olds, only the Classic Annual Multi-trip policy is available in branch (not Basic or Premium). No Annual policy for over 75s.
- Single Trip Basic & Premium: under 65 at start date of policy
- Annual Multi-Trip Classic: under 75 years of age on date of purchase
- Single Trip Classic: no age limit
- Explorer: under 35
- Long Trip: under 65. Policies priced according to age tiers 18-44, 45-54, 55-64.
The Premium Annual Multi-trip notched up 4* from defaqto 2013.
Pre-existing medical conditions
A pre-existing medical condition can be something minor (hay fever) or serious (cancer).
People with chronic health problems (heart condition, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis) and older travellers will pay more, or be refused cover entirely for claims arising from an excluded condition.
The Post Office will insure most common health problems but you need to complete the Health Declaration questionnaire first.
Even if a serious illness, eg heart problem, requiring surgery was in the distant past and you’re back to good health, you must declare this or you won’t be covered.
If you can’t answer yes to any of the questions you’ll be referred to their Medical Screening Department phone line.
Post Office Travel Money Card Plus
The award winning prepaid debit card can save you £££s in ATM and commission charges. Load from £50 - £5,000 and use wherever you see the MasterCard symbol.
Accepted in over 32 million outlets worldwide, you’re locked in to the exchange rate on the day you buy so you don’t lose out if the pound falls.
Top up online, by phone, text or in branch. Valid for 3 years.
- Post Office Travel Insurance Website
- Tel: 0800 294 2292
Post Office® Travel Insurance is underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited.