Get free Worldwide Family Travel insurance with an M&S bank account
A byword for quality and service for over 125 years, Marks & Spencer is one of the UK's favourite stores, famous for its fantastic Simply Food range while its undies are worn by just about everyone.
M&S Premium Current Account or Credit Card holders get automatic worldwide annual multi-trip family travel insurance cover worth £245, plus yummy reward vouchers to spend in store.
Premium Club Travel Insurance
Take as many holidays as you like in any 12-month period. Each trip must be 45 days or less.
- Worldwide family cover, including kids and grandkids
- Up to £5,000 if you have to cancel your holiday
- Up to £2,000 for personal baggage
- Up to £10m for emergency medical expenses
- Up to £2m for personal liability
- Up to £25,000 for legal expenses, max £50,000 for 2 or more people
- Winter sports - up to 17 days
Only available to people aged under 70. The policy covers children and grandchildren under 18, if they travel with you.
Pre-existing health conditions
M&S Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance covers some pre-existing medical conditions, but not if your doctor advises against travel, or would have done, if you'd asked (eg he tells you not to fly).
You're not covered for medical treatment abroad, eg hip replacement in Holland or eye surgery in India.
Terminal illness (eg cancer, leukaemia) isn't covered, nor is anyone on a waiting list for surgery or medical diagnosis.
Examples of common medical conditions which are covered:
- Diabetes if no complications, eg kidney, retinal or nerve damage.
- Asthma if you haven't had a hospital admission in the last year and need no more than 2 medications.
- High blood pressure if stable and medication hasn't changed recently.
- Varicose veins in legs only and your GP gives you the all clear to travel.
- Overactive thyroid
- Migraine if no ongoing investigations.
- High cholesterol
M&S Premium Current Account
Marks & Spencer opened its first bank in July 2012. Open the same hours as the store, you can also bank online and by phone.
There's free internet and telephone banking in store with the M&S team on hand to help newbies.
Choose from 2 types of current account - with (£20 per month) or without (£15 per month) travel insurance.
With both you get access to a high rate savings account, an automatic £500 overdraft plus vouchers:
- M&S Cafe hot drinks - £127
- Clothing & home - £40
- Seasonal treats - £45
- Birthday gift - £10
You get 1 loyalty point per £ when you use your debit card in store or online. Loyalty points earn you vouchers to spend on M&S goodies.
M&S Credit Card
You get the same reward vouchers as an M&S current account, but you earn more loyalty points.
- Triple points per £ spent in store or online
- 1 point per £2 spent everywhere else
No points for M&S travel money or foreign currency purchases, and no access to the exclusive high rate savings account you get with a Premium bank account.
Free delivery on foreign currency orders of £500 or more, £5 for smaller amounts.
There's no cash advance fee on travel money from M&S Bureaux de Change.
M&S Premium Club Travel Insurance: marksandspencer.com/premiumclub.
M&S Bank: marksandspencer.com/bank.
Tel. 0845 900 0900. Lines open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Marks & Spencer travel insurance is underwritten by Axa Insurance UK plc.