Looking for a bank account that gives you that little bit extra?
Ultimate Reward Account Annual Worldwide Family Travel insurance
Cost: £10 - £15 per month depending on whether you stay in credit. You must pay in at least £750 a month with a minimum of 2 direct debits.
Who’s covered: 2 adults and all children under 16 living with you or under 23 if in full-time education. Kids not covered for independent travel. Unmarried dependent children only covered for travel with an insured adult.
Max trip length: 31 days but you can extend this for an extra premium. Max. 24 days winter sports per year. UK trips covered if you’ve pre-booked at least 3 nights accommodation.
- Medical expenses: £10 million
- Hospital benefit: £1,000 (£50 per day)
- Cancellation: £5,000
- Death: £10,000 (£2,500 if under 16 or over 64)
- Personal liability: £2 million
- Legal expenses: £25,000
- Golf equipment: £1,000
- Personal accident: £25,000
- Loss of documents (passport, driving licence, travel tickets): £600
- Personal belongings: £1,500 (single article £300; valuables total £500)
- Mobile phone: Up to a max. original cost/value of £2,000 for theft, loss, accidental damage, breakdown, water damage
- Your airline going bust, so make sure your flight’s ATOL protected
- Loss or theft of luggage not reported in 24 hours
- Claims where you can’t provide proof of purchase
- Cancellation due to war/terrorism unless the Foreign Office advises against travel
- Professional sports, bull running, bungee jumping, hang gliding, jet skiing, quad, biking, motorboat racing, potholing, caving, water skiing, mountaineering, cliff or rock climbing using ropes or guides, paid or voluntary manual work.
Pre-existing medical conditions
You’ll need to declare whether you or any family member to be covered has a pre-existing medical condition, ie, on medication for things like high blood pressure, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, pneumonia, heart attack, angina, cancer, stroke, kidney or bladder disorders. If in doubt call the customer services team for medical screening on the no. below.
Halifax Travel Insurance: If you don’t fancy switching your current account, you can buy Halifax Single, Annual Multi-Trip or World Explorer by phone, in branch or online (10% discount online).
There’s an extra premium for baggage, travel delay, winter sports and golf cover with the option to increase cancellation limit to £10,000.
Children only covered when travelling with an insured parent.
Tel: 08451 24 14 00 Lines open 8am - 8pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm Sat.